Behavioral Health is increasingly a major focus in the United States. Nearly one in four adults experiences mental illness. Recent policy changes highlighted by the Affordable Care Act improve mental health coverage for 63 million Americans through coverage expansion, Medicaid expansion, and strengthening mental health parity. However, a significant undersupply of high quality behavioral providers remains. Analysts estimate that the industry is 50% “under-bedded” and 40-60% of the diagnosed population remains untreated.
CenterPointe provides comprehensive patient care across the full behavioral health continuum with inpatient care, partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programs. CBHS is community based with inpatient facilities in Saint Louis and Kansas City, MO and is nationally recognized for its high quality of care.
John “Buddy” Turner
Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board
- Over 20 years of behavioral healthcare management
- Most recently CEO of Behavioral Centers of America (Sold to Acadia in 2013)
- Previously served in leadership roles at Universal Health Services, Keystone Education, and Youth Services and Children’s Comprehensive Services
Azfar M. Malik, MD, MBA, DFAPA
Founder, President and Chief Medical Officer
- Over 35 years of psychiatric practice and nearly 20 years of healthcare management
- Founded CenterPointe Hospital in 2003
- Assistant Clinical Professor in the Psychiatry Department at St. Louis University Health Science Center